DURHAM – The Duke cross country team heads to Bethlehem, Pa., this weekend as the Blue Devils get set to compete at the 48th edition of the Paul Short Run on Friday, Sept. 30 at the Goodman Campus Cross Country Course.
- Competing in the College Gold races, the men’s 8K race kicks off at 11 a.m., while the women’s 6K race is set to begin at 11:45 a.m.
- Live results for the meet will be provided by Leone Timing here.
- The Paul Short Run will feature 5,500 student-athletes from over 450 colleges competing across 12 races.
WHAT TO KNOW
- Freshman Dalia Frias and sophomore Amina Maatoug enter this weekend’s meet after the pair earned weekly honors following their respective performances at the Virginia Invitational.
- Frias garnered ACC Freshman of the Week honors following a sixth-place finish and top finish among all freshmen in her collegiate debut, clocking 17.30.6.
- Maatoug earned Duke’s PNC Achievers Student-Athlete of the Week after winning the women’s 5K race with a time of 16:57.3 – 13 seconds faster than the second-place finisher.
- The Blue Devil women will be represented by Emily Cole, Anna Corcoran, Karly Forker, Frias, Katie Hamilton, Anna Keeley, Maatoug, Ashlyn Ramos and Kelli Wilson.
- On the men’s side, the Duke lineup features Matyas Csiki-Fejer, Nick Dahl, Carter Dillon, Will Dixon, Austin Gabay, Zach Kinne, Jared Kreis, Owen MacKenzie, Sam Rivera and Chris Theodore.
LAST TIME OUT
- Duke’s men’s and women’s cross country teams each posted second-place finishes at the Virginia Invitational.
- The Blue Devil men ended the 6K race with 39 points, while the women finished with 34 points on the 5K course.
- Four Duke men finished the race in the top 10 – Kinne (sixth), Theodore (eighth), Dahl (ninth) and Csiki-Fejer (10th).
- The women’s squad posted five top-10 finishers – Maatoug (first), Frias (sixth), Cole (eighth), Ramos (ninth) and Forker (10th).
- Nine Duke runners achieved personal bests at the meet – The women’s side featured Cole, Hope Frost (19:35.5) and Hamilton. For the men, it was Dahl, Kinne, Kreis (18:14.6), MacKenzie, Rivera and Theodore.
- Duke wraps up regular season competition in The Badger State, as the Blue Devils head to Madison, Wis., for the Nuttycombe Invitational on Oct. 14.
To stay up…
CLICK HERE to Read the Full Original Article at Duke University…