The Coffee with Larry News program was developed by Fortius Media Group for its partner, RunBlogRun. We began testing on FB LIVE last june and now run almost daily on RunBlogRun.com. RBR is in the midst of a ten-day tour of New England, speaking with players in the sport, trying to learn what they see as key issues for 2023 and how we can build the sport. Thanks for watching us!
This is my daily chat with #RunBlogRun viewers and track fans on all things track & field!
This is Coffee With Larry for Tuesday, December 13, 2022.
1. Boston Marathon became a true iconic event over the last 36 years. Sponsors like John Hancock and adidas gave them the support.
2. John Hancock’s swansong is April 2023. BAA has hired SportFIVE to lead the search for a new primary sponsor.
3. How does one replace John Hancock? Won’t everyone want title and more than the BAA wants to give?
4. How did Guy Morse and BAA convince John Hancock that the Boston Marathon could become professional and successful? In my mind, one of the greatest ad pitches EVER.
5. Marathon sponsorship is expensive. Where will Boston find the replacement?
6. New Balance Indoor GP moves to The TRACK at new balance on February 4, 2023.
7. Dubai Marathon back after 1, 114 days away, on February 12, 2023!
8. The New Balance Indoor Champs will be held on March 13-15, 2023, at THE TRACK at new balance.
9. How do we build the sport?
#CoffeeWithLarry, #SportFive, #globalathletics, #newbalance, #THETRACKatnewbalance, #DubaiMarathon,