TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama track and field head coach Dan Waters announced the addition of Taylor McCue, who signed a National Letter of Intent to continue her running career with the Crimson Tide.
McCue is set to join Alabama for the 2023-24 season following an outstanding prep career at Catalina Foothills High School. The Tucson, Ariz., native is considered one of the top runners in the state after claiming a pair of state championships her junior year.
Taylor McCue, Tucson, Ariz. (Catalina Hills HS)
- Ranked as one of the top prep runners in the state of Arizona
- Competed for Catalina Foothills High School under head coach Steve Carney, where she was tabbed the 2021 Division II Cross Country Runner of the Year
- Ran personal bests of 5:01.16 in the 1600m and 11:03.11 in the 3200m to win the state title in both events at the 2021 D-II Arizona Interscholastic Association State Track & Field Championships
- Qualified for Running Lane Nationals which were held in Huntsville, Ala.
- Won the 2021 Nighthawk Invitational 800m race with a time of 2:21.76
- Won a pair of cross country events as a junior, claiming the Mt. Carmel Relays and the Desert Twilight Championship
Standout prep runner Taylor McCue has officially signed her NLI to continue her career with the Crimson Tide! Welcome to the family, Taylor!
Full story ??
— Alabama Track & Field (@AlabamaTrack) January 10, 2023
For all the latest information on the team, follow AlabamaTrack on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. General athletic news can be found @UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.