Track & Field | January 13, 2023
Summer Mosley broke her school weight throw record to win at the Cougar Classic to highlight the Trojans’ efforts at The Podium in Spokane, Wash. today (Jan. 13). In all, USC won 10 different events on the day. In addition, all four USC relay teams broke the previous venue record, as did Christine M. Mallard in taking second in the women’s 200m.
- Mosley won the women’s weight throw competition in the final round with a USC-record mark of 63-9.00 (19.43m). Mosley held the previous record with a mark of 63-4.75 set last season.
- Temi Ojora won the women’s long jump with a best leap of 19-4.75 (5.91m). Kiara Strayhorn used her final jump of 18-4.50 (5.60m) to place seventh.
- JC Stevenson won the men’s long jump of 24-1.50 (7.35m). Elias Gerald placed seventh with a best jump of 21-9.00 (6/63m).
- Tade Ojora won the men’s 60m hurdles with a PR of 7.68. That time would have placed fifth at the 2022 NCAA Indoor Championships and moves him to second on USC’s all-time indoor list in the event. Ojora had a time of 7.75 in the prelims.
- Gigi Maccagnini won the women’s one-mile race with a time of 4:56.09 to move into seventh on USC’s all-time indoor mile list. Ashlee Gallegos came in second with a time of 5:06.45, which is the 11th-fastest time by a USC woman in the indoor mile
- Jan’Taijah Jones won the women’s 400m with a time of 53.63, followed closely in second by teammate Kimberly Harris at 53.85.
- Ashton Allen won the men’s 400m race with a PR of 47.13 which moved him into 10th on USC’s all-time indoor list. The Trojans went 1-4 in the event, with William Jones finishing second with a time of 47.50, Michael Phillippy third with a time of 47.59 and Chris Borzor fourth with a time of 47.65.
- The women’s 4x400m relay team of Bailey Lear, Takiya Cenci, Caisja Chandler and Rae-Anne Serville won with a time of 3:37.92. USC’s other women’s relay team of Christine M. Mallard, Jan’Taijah Jones, Jassani Carter and Samirah Moody placed third with a time of 3:41.64.
- The men’s 4x400m relay team of William Jones, Ashton Allen, Tamaal Myers and Chris Borzor won with a time of 3:10.16. USC’s other relay team of Justin Braun, Nicholas Ramey, Johnny Brackins Jr. and Max Thomas was just behind in second with a time of 3:10.39.
- Janiah Brown won the women’s 800m…