NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Alabama track and field closed the Commodore Challenge in Nashville, Tenn., on Saturday with three more wins on the Vanderbilt campus.
Overall, the Crimson Tide tallied 22 top-10 finishes across 11 different events with Alabama picking up wins in the men’s 4×400-meter relay, the women’s 60 meters (Amari Brown) and the men’s 3,000 meters (Victor Kiprop).
Crimson Tide Top Finishes on Day Two
- Alabama dominated the men’s 3,000-meter race, taking four of the top-six spots, with Victor Kiprop (8:01.41), Hillary Cheruiyot (8:02.11) and Jacob Wiggers (8:11.60) going 1-2-3, while Carter Waters (8:25.96) took sixth
- Amari Brown (7.35) and Milan Fields (7.39) went one-two in the women’s 60 meters
- Chris Robinson, Jonathan Martin, Demetrius Jackson and Khaleb McRae (3:06.51) combined to get the win in the men’s 4×400-meter relay, while Clayton Elder, Tarsis Orogot, Matthew Weaver and Patrick Daves (3:13.11) took second
- Jekovan Rhetta (6.67) and Josh Thomas (6.73) finished second and third in the men’s 60 meters
- Amara Obi, Milan Fields, Amari Brown and Chanice Spicer combined to clock a time of 3:43.55 in the women’s 4×400-meter relay, taking second place
- Cherisse Murray (52-8.75) and Taylor Gorum (50-4) finished fourth and fifth in the women’s shot put, while Chelsea Igberase (47-6.25) took 10th
- Brady Barton (1:54.04) crossed the line in fourth place in the men’s 800 meters
- Victoria Faber (12-1.5) took fifth, while Holly Foley (11-7.75) and Riley White (11-7.75) tied for 10th in the women’s pole vault
- Alan de Falchi (53-0.25) was sixth and Nathan Cooper (51-3.5) took seventh in the men’s shot put
- Patrick Daves (8.30) took sixth in the men’s 60-meter hurdles
- Keaton Morrison (4:57.37) finished ninth in the women’s mile
- Alabama returns to action Friday, Jan. 20 at the Samford International in Birmingham, Ala.
For all the latest information on the team, follow AlabamaTrack on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. General athletic news can be found @UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.