Ohio State at Simmons-Harvey Invitational
Dates: Saturday, Jan. 21, 2023
Venue: U-M Indoor Track Building (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State track & field team travels to Ann Arbor for the Simmons-Harvey Invitational on Saturday for the second meet of the indoor season. The Buckeyes will face Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue.
Track and field events are both scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. The meet will be streamed live through the Wolverines website and then shown on BTN on Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
- The Buckeyes competed at the Rod McCravy Memorial last weekend at Kentucky to open the 2023 indoor season.
- Ohio State’s women earned eight wins at the event, including the 4x400m relay, three individual track events and four field events.
- The OSU men won three field events at the Rod McCravy Memorial.
- Hayden Tobias had a personal-best throw of 20.07m to win the shot put competition, a mark that placed him fifth on Ohio State’s all-time list and second in the country.
- Clarence Foote-Talley won the triple jump competition with a 15.98m mark and Reign Winston won the high jump in his collegiate debut with a 2.04m.
- The women completed the sweep in those three events with Lacey Stringer getting her first collegiate win in shot put (15.13m), Jaimie Robinson winning the triple jump (12.73m) and Amaya Ugarte taking the high jump (1.78m).
- Abbey Kuhn won the pole vault title by clearing 3.97m.
- The Buckeye women’s A team won the 4x400m relay (3:34.84) with Alyssa Marsh, Yanique Dayle, Bryannia Murphy and Jaydan Wood making up the relay squad.
- On the track, Nya Bussey won the 60m (7.36), Leah Bertrand won the 200m (24.09) and Aniya Mosley won the 800m (2:11.75).