LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The Clemson track and field program had a huge day on Friday of the ACC Championship Meet, with 12 Tigers advancing to the finals of their events. Many earned their spot in the finals with personal-best marks, as Clemson heads into the final day of competition with plenty of opportunity to improve upon their men’s seventh place standing and women’s 10th place standing. In total, Clemson will have 18 entrees contest track events and five entrees in field events.
- Giano Roberts (7.93) and Jevon Williams (7.97) both advanced to the finals.
- Antoinette Van der Merwe ran a personal best 8.25 60 meter hurdles to advance to the finals.
- Oneka Wilson won her heat with a 8.21 60 meter hurdle time to advance to the finals.
- Clemson is the only team to send two hurdlers to both of the 60 meter hurdles finals.
- KK Gadson ran a personal-best 54.30 to earn a spot in the 400 meter finals.
- Wanya McCoy ran a facility record 46.40 in the 400 meters to earn a spot in the finals.
- Cameron Rose, in his first time completing the 400 meters, qualified for finals with a time of 47.28.
- Kiara Grant ran a facility record 7.17 in the 60 meter dash, the fastest time of the day.
- Ockera Myrie ran a personal-best 7.36 in the 60 meter dash to earn a spot in the finals.
- Brynne Sumner ran a 2:06.34 in the 800 meters to earn a spot in the finals.
- Aman Thornton (1:48.90) and Tarees Rhoden (1:49.00) each won their heats and advanced to the finals of the 800 meters.
- Nia Christie set a personal best in the high jump with a 1.69 meter leap.
- Maddie Dinneen (4:55.81) and Grace Hanratty (4:57.96) both set personal bests in the mile.
- Daniel Sullivan’s 4:14.79 mile time was a personal best.
- Theron Bradford’s 1:54.41 in the 800 was a personal best.
The action will resume on Saturday at 11 am with the women’s triple jump, and will conclude following the men’s 4×400 meter relay scheduled for 3:45 p.m. The meet will stream on ACCNX with live results available HERE.
For all the most up-to-date information regarding Clemson track and field, visit ClemsonTigers.com and follow @ClemsonTrackXC on Twitter and Instagram.
CLICK HERE to Read the Full Original Article at Clemson Tigers | Clemson University Athletics | Track & Field…