VOLS IN ACTION: UT had nine individuals qualify for indoor nationals in 11 events, in addition to two relay groups earning a spot on the national stage. To qualify for the NCAA Indoor Championships, athletes must rank inside the top-16 nationally in their respective events while relays must rank inside the top-12.
MEET SCHEDULE: Tennessee will compete in 10 events on Friday before closing the meet on Saturday with as many as nine events. A rundown of UT-specific events can be viewed below, while the entire national meet schedule is available at this link.
Friday, March 10 (all times Eastern)
- 6 p.m. – Women’s Long Jump
- 6 p.m. – Women’s Weight Throw
- 6:15 p.m. – Women’s 60m Semifinal
- 6:55 p.m. – Women’s 60mH Semifinal
- 7:25 p.m. – Women’s 200m Semifinal
- 9:25 p.m. – Men’s 400m Semifinal
- 9:55 p.m. – Men’s 60mH Semifinal
- 10:05 p.m. – Men’s 5000m Final
- 10:25 p.m. – Men’s 200m Semifinal
- 10:45 p.m. – Men’s DMR Final
Saturday, March 11 (all times Eastern)
- 5:45 p.m. – Women’s Triple Jump
- 6:10 p.m. – Women’s 60m Final
- 6:40 p.m. – Women’s 60mH Final
- 6:50 p.m. – Women’s 200m Final
- 9:20 p.m. – Men’s 400m Final
- 9:40 p.m. – Men’s 60mH Final
- 9:50 p.m. – Men’s 200m Final
- 10:00 p.m. – Men’s 3000m Final
- 10:20 p.m. – Men’s 4x400mR Final
FOLLOW LIVE: The NCAA Indoor Championships will be streamed live online via ESPN+, a paid subscription service available on the ESPN app and espn.com/watch. Live results are provided throughout the meet by Flash Results, Inc.
RANKINGS UPDATE: Based on its entries for the NCAA Indoor Championships, Tennessee was tabbed No. 9 on the men’s side and No. 19 on the women’s in the most recent installment of the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) Track & Field Rating Index.
UP NEXT: The Vols and Lady Vols will take a week off of competition before embarking upon outdoor season. A crop of UT distance runners will open up at the Raleigh Relays (March 23-25), while the sprinters, hurdlers, jumpers and throwers will begin the outdoor campaign in Austin, Texas, at the Texas Relays (March 30 – April 1).
CLICK HERE to Read the Full Original Article at University of Tennessee Athletics…