MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin women’s track and field team opens the outdoor season in Florida this weekend competing at the USF Bulls Invitational in Tampa. Events begin at 9 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Fans can follow live results on Twitter and Instagram @BadgerTrackXC. Live stats can also be found at halfmiletiming.com.
Here are five events to watch this weekend.
1. SPEEDY BADGERS: Junior Kiley Robbins will make her outdoor season debut in the 100 meters this weekend. Robbins currently holds the UW record in the event at 11.r44 seconds. Taylor Gilling will also participate in sprints this weekend. Gilling currently sits as ninth all-time for Wisconsin in the 200 meters in 24.14.
2. HOW HIGH CAN YOU GO: Tia Dorshorst, Julia Moore, and Kenzi Kluge will compete in the pole vault. Dorshorst leads the Badgers in the event, sitting sixth all-time for UW with a clearance of 13 feet, 5 ¾ inches. Moore, coming off a successful indoor season sits seventh all-time for UW, with a clearance of 13-4 ½.
3. DISTANCE WATCH: Madison Mooney, Danielle Bellino, and Mya Bunke will compete in the 800-meter run. Mooney currently ranks eighth all-time at UW with a time of 2:05.64. She is coming off of a sixth-place finish in the mile in 4:45.67 at the Big Ten indoor championship while Bellino finished sixth in the 800 meters, running an indoor personal best of 2:05.76.
4. LAPS, LAPS, AND MORE LAPS: Redshirt junior Shea Ruhly as well as seniors Samantha Stieve and Alexa Westley compete in this weekend’s 5,000 meters. The trio is coming off top-10 finishes at the Big Ten Indoor championships, Ruhly led them with a fifth place finish in 16:14.83, Westley and Stieve finish ninth and 10th, respectively, with times of 16:19.20 and 16:25.72.
5. THROWING DOWN WITH THE BADGERS: Graduate student Josie Schaefer is coming off an All-American indoor season in the shot put after placing fifth in the event at the NCAA Championships. Schaefer is back for more in the shot put this weekend, looking to improve on her second-place all time mark for UW at 60-0 ¼. Danni Langseth, Chikere Odouch, and Abby Peeler join Schaefer in the throws competing in the shot put, discus, and hammer.
CLICK HERE to Read the Full Original Article at Wisconsin Badgers…