MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin men’s track and field team begin its outdoor season traveling to Tampa, Florida, for the USF Bulls Invitational. Events begin at 9 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Fans can follow along for live results on Twitter and Instagram @BadgerTrackXC. Live stats can also be found on halfmiletiming.com
Here are the five events to watch:
1. GOING THE DISTANCE: Redshirt-junior Rowen Ellenberg, Jack Meijer, and Evan Bishop are set to compete in this weekend’s 5,000-meter run. Starting time is 6:30 p.m. on Friday.
2. MEN OF THE MIDDLE: 2022 Big Ten champion in the 800, junior Abdullahi Hassan is set to compete in this weekend’s 800 meter run. In the outdoor season, Hassan is ranked third all-time at UW with a time of 1:46.16. Junior Nick Hruskoci is set to compete this weekend too.
3. UP IN THE AIR: Redshirt junior Justin Kiefel jumped a personal best in the long jump at the 2023 Big Ten Indoor Championships with a clearance of 23 feet, 0 ¾ inches and had also took 12th in the triple jump at 48-5 ½ . Sophomore Hunter Cook and Tim Chrisbaum are set to compete in this weekend’s pole vault.
4. THROW ‘EM THIS WAY: Badger Andrew Stone is set to compete in the men’s shot put. Stone wrapped up his indoor season with a fourth-place finish at the Big Ten Championships with a toss of 61-1 ½. Stone holds the UW outdoor record in shot put with a throw of 65-6 ¼. Competing in hammer is Cole Hooper, who is currently sixth all-time at UW with a throw of 205-5, while sophomore Jacob Zednik is set to compete in the Javelin.
5. SPEEDY SPRINTS: Freshman Giovanni Wearing had an outstanding performance this indoor season. Setting a personal record of 7.90 in the 60-meter hurdles, that time put him sixth all-time at UW and 12th in the Big Ten. Redshirt sophomore Sam Amusan is set to compete in this weekend’s 100 and 200 meters.
CLICK HERE to Read the Full Original Article at Wisconsin Badgers…