AUBURN, Ala. – Ole Miss track & field will quickly turn the page on a successful indoor campaign to the beginning of the 2023 outdoor season this weekend at Auburn’s Tiger Track Classic. Competition will run March 17-18.
• Ole Miss is coming off another superb indoor season that saw both Rebel squads finish within the top-15 nationally at the NCAA Indoor Championships. The Ole Miss women finished 10th overall, their second-best finish ever indoors and their second-straight top-10 finish for the first time in program history. The Rebel men finished tied for 12th, their third-straight top-15 team finish that also marks a record streak in the combined history of the men’s and women’s programs at Ole Miss — indoors or outdoors.
• Ole Miss was one of just eight schools nationwide this year to place both its men’s and women’s teams within the top-15 at the indoor national meet, and in the last two years, Ole Miss stands as one of just three schools to place both programs within the top-15 nationally alongside Arkansas and Texas.
• Four of the seven all-time NCAA top-10 finishes in Ole Miss history have come within the last two calendar years: 2023 women’s indoor (10th), 2022 women’s indoor (T-6th), 2022 men’s indoor (T-10th), 2021 men’s indoor (10th), 2013 men’s outdoor (8th), 2001 men’s indoor (10th) and 1991 men’s indoor (9th).
• Ole Miss won its 22nd NCAA individual title at the indoor national meet last week courtesy of senior Jalani Davis in the women’s weight throw, the second straight win for the Rebel women in the weight. During the indoor season, Davis became the first woman in world history to break 80 feet in the weight and 60 feet in the shot.
• The Rebel men also received an NCAA runner-up performance from their distance medley relay squad of Shane Bracken, Cade Flatt, Tiarnan Crorken and Anthony Camerieri — who finished off the furious Rebel comeback with a thrilling anchor mile leg.
• The Rebel women also notched a program record tie for fourth place at the SEC Indoor Championships.
• Ole Miss is coming off another excellent outdoor season last year in 2022, which included an NCAA title performance from current professional runners Sintayehu Vissa (women’s 1500-meter) and an NCAA runner-up honor from Mario Garcia Romo (men’s 1500-meter).
CLICK HERE to Read the Full Original Article at Ole Miss Athletics…