ATLANTA — The Clemson track and field program opened its 2023 outdoor season at the Yellow Jacket Invitational, and earned several victories across two days of action. Antoinette Van der Merwe won two events at the meet, and both the men’s and women’s 4×400 meter relay teams came out victorious.
- Antoinette Van der Merwe dominated the 200 meter dash with a time of 23.95.
- Courtney Williams (54.84) and Kayan Green (55.59) finished first and second in the 400 meters.
- The women’s 4×400 meter relay of Ken’naria Gadson, Courtney Williams, Jessica McLean and Lashanna Graham won the race with a time of 3:40.34.
- The men’s 4×400 meter relay featuring Theron Bradford, De’Andre Anderson, Jevon Williams and Gabriel Ludwick won their race finishing in 3:13.13.
- Antoinette Van der Merwe dominated the 100 meter hurdle field, winning the race with a time of 13.49 seconds, Second place was 13.77 seconds.
- Brynne Sumner won the 1500 meter race with a time of 4:27.34. Victor Ndiwa swept the race for the Tigers by running a 3:49.50.
- Maddie Dinneen took home the crown in her first collegiate steeplechase with a time of 10:51.43. That time is 5th best in school history.
- Madison Roush won the 5k with a time of 17:36.69. Courtney Farishian finished third (18:01.85).
The Tigers will be back in action on Friday, March 24 and Saturday, March 25 at the Knights Invite in Orlando, Fla. hosted by UCF.
For all the most up-to-date information regarding Clemson track and field visit ClemsonTigers.com and follow @ClemsonTrackXC on Twitter and Instagram.
CLICK HERE to Read the Full Original Article at Clemson Tigers | Clemson University Athletics | Track & Field…