COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri Track and Field is set to travel to Baton Rouge, La. to compete in the Southeastern Conference Championships, the title meet will begin Thursday and conclude on Thursday. The entirety of the competition will be streamed on SECN+.
The Tigers will enter 52 athletes into the competition across all event categories.
Athletes ranked in the top 48 of their respective event in the west region will advance to the NCAA Regional Prelims in Sacramento, Calif. from May 24-27.
The top 12 finishers from the regional meet will head to the NCAA Outdoor Championships in Austin, Texas from June 7-10.
- Sophia Rivera set the school record in the javelin at the Yellow Jacket Invitational on March 17.
- Fifteen Tigers have achieved top 10 all-time program marks this season
- Mitchell Weber is the defending conference champion in the discus
- Missouri will have 17 point scorers from a year ago in competition
- Weber and Georgi Nachev are looking to add to their accolades after earning all-conference recognition in 2022
- The Tigers have 23 athletes ranked in the top 48 for their respective events, each are poised to advance to the NCAA West Regional
- The Missouri women’s team was ranked as high as ninth this season in the USTFCCCA national poll
- The Tiger men finished ninth in the conference meet a season ago while the women finished tied for 12th
FOLLOW THE TIGERS
For all the latest on Mizzou Track & Field, stay tuned to MUTigers.com and follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@MizzouTFXC).
CLICK HERE to Read the Full Original Article at University of Missouri Athletics…