TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama cross country’s Doris Lemngole was named the Division I National Women’s Athlete of the Week by the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA), the organization announced Monday.
Lemngole, the reigning Southeastern Conference Women’s Freshman of the Week, earned the national honor after winning the prestigious Joe Piane Invitational in South Bend, Ind., last weekend. With her first national honor under her belt, Lemngole is now the first UA student-athlete to earn the national honor since Victor Kiprop received national recognition last season (Oct. 3, 2022).
- Two races, two titles to begin the Crimson Tide freshman’s career
- Southern Showcase (Sept. 15) – first-place finish (16:12.10)
- Joe Piane Invitational (Sept. 29) – first-place finish (16:05.9)
- Helped lead the No. 22 Alabama women’s squad to its third consecutive top-four team finish of the 2023 season
- Entered the nationally competitive meet ranked No. 3 in FloTrack’s NCAA cross country individual women’s rankings
For all the latest information on the team, follow AlabamaTrack on X, Instagram and Facebook. General athletic news can be found @UA_Athletics on X and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.