CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Duke men’s cross country team delivered a solid performance at the 2023 Pre-Nationals Saturday morning as the Blue Devils placed 11th overall in the team standings with 360 total points, while also having five runners finish among the top 100 in a competitive men’s race.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sam Rivera paced Duke in the 8K race as the graduate student was the top finisher for the Blue Devils with a time of 24:15.8 – good for 60th in the field.
- Juniors Carter Dillon and Beck Wittstadt and graduate student Zubeir Dagane finished their respective races shortly afterwards, with the trio checking in at 70th, 76th and 78th, respectively, in the individual standings.
- Dillon (24:19.8) and Wittstadt (24:23.3) registered personal bests – the latter leaping 16 spots up the leaderboard over the final 1000m, while Dagane turned in a time of 24:24.5.
- Owen Drometer (91st) rounded out the top-five Duke via a run of 24:29.4.
- To view the full meet results, click here.
The Blue Devils turn their attention to the postseason, beginning with the ACC Cross Country Championships set for Friday, Oct. 27 at Apalachee Regional Park in Tallahassee, Fla.
To stay up to date with Blue Devils cross country and track & field, follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook by searching “DukeTFXC.”