UNIVERSITY PLACE, Wash. — Washington State men’s cross country team had a pair of runners place in the top-30 and finished sixth in the overall team scoring, and the women’s team tallied a ninth-place team finish Friday at the 2023 Pac-12 Championships from Chambers Creek Regional Park.
Brian Barsaiya turned in his best 8k time of the season, finishing 23rd overall in 23:33.5, while teammate Kelvin Limo placed 28th overall in a lifetime-best 23:48.1. Washington State’s men took sixth overall in the team standings with a scoring finish of 23-28-31-39-47.
Caroline Jerotich clocked her fastest 6k time of the season to lead the way for the Cougar women, placing 33rd overall in 20:23.0. Alaina Stone Boggs, running only her second meet of the fall, improved on her season debut by almost a full minute to finish 51st overall in 20:53.9.
Washington State will take on more two-week break as it prepares for the 2023 NCAA West Regional from Sacramento, Calif. The 2023 NCAA Cross Country Championships will be held in Charlottesville, Va., on the morning of Sat., Nov. 18.
For all the latest WSU Cross Country news, photos, and videos, like the team on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/wsucougartrack) or follow on Twitter (@ WSUCougarXCTF) and Instagram (@WSUCougarXCTF).
Official Results PDF
– Team: 9th overall [33-51-54-74-86]
– Caroline Jerotich: 20:23.0, 33rd
– Alaina Stone Boggs: 20:53.90, 51st
– Neema Kimtai: 20:58.60, 54th
– Nicole Bissell: 21:33.90, 74th
– Maya Nichols: 22:11.70, 86th
– Jaylyn Lehner: 22:39.60, 93rd
– Isabela Alvarado: 22:46.90, 95th
– Hanna Bailey: 23:04.30, 98th
– Sophia Cushman: 23:37.10, 103rd
– Team: 6th overall [23-28-33-46-56]
– Brian Barsaiya: 23:33.5, 23rd
– Kelvin Limo: 23:48.1, 28th
– Leif Swanson: 23:57.2, 33rd
– Kyle Ortega-Gammill : 24:22.9, 46th
– Micah Galeana: 24:49.5, 56th
– Jacob Easton: 24:52.3, 57th
– Ethan Martin: 25:06.9, 61st
– Evan Bruce: 25:24.8, 66th
– Eric Swedin: 25:28.9, 68th
– Grayson Wilcott: 26:41.0, 76th