BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Six Alabama distance runners were named to All-Southeastern Conference Teams following the Crimson Tide’s top-four finishes at last week’s SEC Cross Country Championships, the league office announced Monday.
Following their top-seven, individual finishes, Victor Kiprop (first), Hillary Cheruiyot (third) and Eliud Kipsang (seventh) earned First Team All-SEC recognition. Kai Connor was also named to the SEC All-Freshman team after finishing the conference meet as one of the top-seven freshmen runners.
On the women’s side, Doris Lemngole (second) and Hilda Olemomoi (third) earned first team honors for their top-three, individual finish. After clocking the fastest time as a rookie, Lemngole also accumulated All-Freshman honors.
Men’s First Team All-SEC
- Victor Kiprop collected first team accolades after successfully defending his individual title in the men’s 8K race. Kiprop’s winning time was 22:23.4.
- Joining Kiprop on the podium, and the All-Conference list, was Hillary Cheruiyot who clocked a third-place finish. His bronze-winning time was 22:39.4.
- Rounding out the list for Alabama was Eliud Kipsang who took seventh at the conference meet via a 23:11.0 performance
Men’s Freshman All-SEC
- Kai Connor earned all-freshman honors after becoming one of the top-seven freshmen runners to cross the line. Connor’s 24:09.3 run placed him 27th overall.
Women’s First Team All-SEC
- Doris Lemngole earned the honor after claiming silver in the women’s 6K race. Lemngole needed only 19:11.2 to cross the line.
- Following behind Lemngole was Hilda Olemomoi who finished third individually. Her bronze-winning time was 19:23.5.
Women’s Freshman All-SEC
- Lemngole also accumulated all-freshman recognition, as her silver-winning time was the fastest by any freshman in the women’s race
The first team for each gender includes the top-seven finishers, while the second team consists of the next seven finishers. The top-seven freshman finishers in each race earn All-Freshman honors.
For all the latest information on the team, follow AlabamaTrack on X, Instagram and Facebook. General athletic news can be found @UA_Athletics on X and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.