GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The Alabama men’s and women’s cross country squads trek down to Gainesville, Fla., for Friday’s NCAA South Regional Championships. The Crimson Tide will be competing for a chance to advance to the NCAA Championships the following weekend.
The No.16-ranked UA women will start their 6,000-meter race at 7:30 a.m. CT across the links of the Mark Bostick Golf Course. The No. 18-ranked UA men will close the meet at 8:30 a.m. with their 10,000-meter race.
Alabama’s women enter the meet as the reigning champion, while the men arrive as last year’s third-place finisher.
The NCAA South Regional Championships
- Follow Live: Live results link is available at RollTide.com
- Date: Friday, Nov. 10
- Time (CT): Women – 7:30 a.m. | Men – 8:30 a.m.
- Location: Gainesville, Fla.
- Venue: Mark Bostick Golf Course
About The Tide
- Six UA runners were named to the Southeastern Conference Cross Country All-SEC Teams following their individual performances at the SEC Championships
- The Alabama women are ranked No. 16 nationally/No. 3 in the South Region, while the men enter at No. 18 in the nation/No. 1 in the South Region
- Two UA runners find themselves ranked in the top 15 of FloTrack’s 2023 NCAA men’s cross country individual rankings
- Crimson Tide duo Hillary Cheruiyot and Victor Kiprop come in at No. 11 and No. 13, respectively
- Alabama is one of only three schools, and the only SEC school, with multiple athletes listed in the top-15 nationally
- On the women’s side, a pair of UA runners find themselves ranked in the top 11 of FloTrack’s 2023 NCAA individual rankings
- Crimson Tide duo Lemngole and Hilda Olemomoi come in at No. 3 and No. 11, respectively
- Alabama is one of only two schools, and the only SEC school, with multiple athletes listed in the top-11 nationally
Last Time Out
- Alabama secured four podium finishes and a pair of top-four team finishes at the 2023 SEC Cross Country Championships
- Victor Kiprop defended his individual 8K title after clocking 22:23.4 to keep possession of the crown. Hillary Cheruiyot’s third-place finish helped propel the men’s program to a second-place, overall finish
- On the…