MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin men’s and women’s track teams have select athletes competing at two meets this weekend. Select sprinters head to Albuquerque, New Mexico, to compete at the New Mexico Collegiate Classic on Friday and Saturday. Events start at 2:30 p.m. CT on Friday and 10 a.m. CT on Saturday. Madison Mooney will head out east as she is set to compete at the Boston University Bruce Lehane Scarlet and White Open. She will compete in the mile on Saturday at 1:40 p.m.
Follow along for live results @BadgerTrackXC on Twitter and Instagram. Both meets will be streamed live on FloTrack ($).
1. HURDLING HERO: Giovanni Wearing is set to compete in the 60-meter hurdles, the last time the sophomore competed in the event, he set a personal best at 7.72, a time landing him third on the UW all-time list. Wearing currently sits second in the Big Ten in the 60 hurdles and ranks in the top 15 in the country. Wearing will compete in the preliminary race at 11:50 a.m. on Saturday,
2. ADDING A SPARK: Sprint star Kiley Robbins will be competing in both the 60-meter dash and the 200-meters in New Mexico this weekend. Robbins is coming off a win in the 60 meters at the Michigan Invitational, running a season-best 7.41 and a fourth-place finish in the 200-meter crossing in 24.52. Last year at this meet, Robbins crushed the previous school record of 7.41 seconds set by Ebony McClendon in 2017 with a time of 7.28. Robinson will compete in the 200-meter on Friday at 7:20 p.m. and in the 60-meter prelims at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday.
3. SPEEDY BADGER: Jalen Williams will compete in the 200 and 400 meters, he is coming off of a win in the 400 meters at the Michigan Invitational last weekend, crossing in 47.80 seconds. Williams’s current personal records in the events are 22.28 in the 200 meters and 47.69 in the 400, he will compete at 6:50 p.m. and 8:35 p.m. on Friday.
4. MIDDLE DISTANCE STANDOUT: Mooney will be back competing in the mile on Saturday in Boston, the graduate student last competed two weekends ago at the Larry Wieczorek Invitational, crossing in 4 minutes, 41.22 seconds. That time is a personal best in the event for the Broomfield, Colorado native and ranks her seventh in the Big Ten this season.
5. UP NEXT: The Badgers are set to host the Windy City Invitational next weekend in Chicago on Feb. 9-10,…