Track & Field | February 10, 2024
USC won four more events and the women’s distance medley team set the Trojan women’s indoor record during day the final of the Eagle Elite Invitational held at the TRACK at New Balance in Boston, Mass. today (Feb. 10). Trojans winning events today were Justin Braun (M-200m), Elias Gerald (M-HJ), Madison Whyte (W-200m) and the men’s 4x400m relay team. Six different Trojan student-athletes set or tied personal bests and USC posted five different school all-time top 10 marks.
- Sophomore Justin Braun led a 1-2-3 finish in the men’s 200m dash by posting a PR of 20.92. Placing second in the men’s 200m was senior Johnnie Blockburger with a time of 20.94 and sophomore Max Thomas was third with a season-best time of 21.00.
- Freshman Madison Whyte won the women’s 200m with a PR of 22.96 to move from 10th to eighth on USC’s all-time indoor list. Her time is the seventh-fastest this season on the NCAA descending order list. Sophomore Jassani Carter took third with a time of 23.26, graduate student Chioma Okonkwo was fifth with a PR of 24.05 and sophomore Christine M. Mallard was sixth with a time of 24.35.
- Sophomore Elias Gerald won the men’s high jump with a clearance of 7-1.00 (2.16m) and senior Dallas Wise placed seventh with a clearance of 6-8.75 (2.05m).
- The men’s 4x400m relay team of Braun, freshman Nathan Cumberbatch, Blockburger and sophomore William Jones won with a time of 3:03.14. That time moves the quartet to second on USC’s all-time indoor list and is the fastest time by a NCAA team this season.
- Senior Temi Ojora placed second in the women’s triple jump with a best leap of 44-5.50 (13.54m). Sophomore Jada Foreman matched her personal best with a jump of 40-6.75 (12.36m) to place sixth.
- The women’s 4x400m relay team of senior Jan’Taijah Jones, senior Jasmine Jones, graduate transfer Marne Sullivan and graduate transfer Leah Disher placed third with a time of 3:37.01.
- The women’s distance medley team of Sullivan, sophomore Yemi John, Disher and junior Gigi Maccagnini set the USC indoor record with a time of 11:27.77. The quartet placed seventh overall.
- Additionally, Marjourie Lopez had a PR of 10:11.90 in the women’s 3000m to better her school freshman record and third-place standing on USC’s all-time list. Junior Morgan Fierro ran a PR…